Course 2: Gender Lens Investing & Climate Change
About the Course:
With almost 19 years of industry and field experience, Seplaa has grown from an idea to a large global group that is working in the areas of sustainability, economic growth, empowerment of women and the support of young people and professionals. Our core guiding principals have been the UN SDGs, covering all of them under different Seplaa Group entities.
In this course, Dr. Ammara Farooq Malik, the founder of Seplaa will be highlighting the need for and how partnerships can be fostered for global impact that can have a positive effect on UN SDG 17.
This course is Part 1 of the larger 5 Cog Wheels Sustainable Business Strategy created by Dr. Ammara Malik during her doctorate at the Business School Netherlands and covers the history of Seplaa as a living case study that others can observe, explore and learn from.
The course will be followed by a global activity where participants can have the opportunity to take part in creative, out of the box activities making this a unique experience that will be unmatched across the internet.
Duration: 4 Days- 1 Hour each day followed by 1 month membership
CAD 186 for one month training and membership.
Former Seplaa Interns or AFMalik Law interns since 2015 and those who applied for the AFMalik Law internship in 2023 are eligible for a 50% scholarship. Limited number of 100% scholarships are also available. Conditions apply.
Certification will be from Seplaa Canada & Seplaa Enterprises Pakistan.
About the Course Director:
Dr. Ammara Farooq Malik is a Global Strategy Consultant, corporate and impact lawyer, international social entrepreneur, international development and policy expert with more than 24 years of professional experience across various multidisciplinary sectors such as business strategy, academia, corporate law, impact entrepreneurship, international development and gender. She is Founder & CEO of the Seplaa Group and Principal Attorney at AFMalik Law (Pakistan).
Dr. Malik has spoken as a legal and social enterprise expert at international conferences at New York, Singapore, Turkey, UK, Kazakhstan, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Iraq and Nepal at institutions and organizations such as New York University, ICIMOD, Asian Development Bank Urban Development Resilience Accelerator, UNESCO, Asia Pacific Adaptation Network’s Climate Change Adaptation Forum, UNEP, USAID and the Hollings Centre for International Development.
You can reach out to her or read more about her here.
Who should attend:
- Students of Law, business, international development or gender studies residing in any part of the world.
- Young professionals working in the fields of law/ international development, sustainability. or impact investing.
- World class global training delivered completely online.
- Opportunity to learn with exceptional peers to build a lifelong network.
- Certification will be from Seplaa Canada and Seplaa Enterprises Pakistan.
- Certified individuals will become SGII Members, opening them to further opportunities at Seplaa Canada and Seplaa Women Hub.
- SGII Members will be eligible for awards and leadership opportunities within SGII.
- Receive the E- Book ‘SEGCA (Social Entrepreneurship for Gendered Climate Action) in the WEF Nexus in Gilgit Baltistan’ (2019) by Dr. Ammara Farooq Malik, published by Impact World Press worth CAD 69 as part of course registration.
Program dates: 15th Aug to 15th Sept. 2023.
Last date to apply: 10th Aug, 2023.
Learning Investment: CAD 186
Group discounts are also available.
Scholarships are available for law students, women leaders and members of partner organizations. To learn more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, please fill the Registration Form and our team will be in touch with you with further steps.